Please review the following instructions prior to your oral surgical procedure:
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours before the appointment.
- No smoking before surgery. Cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible before the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anaesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our staff before your surgical date for instructions.
- Have 2 ice packs/gel packs on hand for swelling after surgery.
- Purchase softer foods to eat after surgery: pasta, porridge, vegetables, or scrambled eggs.
- Use straws or sippy cups for fluids while local anaesthetic is wearing off.
- Lip balm, such as Paw Paw Ointment or Blistex, can be used to prevent your lips from cracking.