To provide you with the highest standard of oral and maxillofacial surgery care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic details such as your name, address, and telephone number, but it is also necessary for the doctor to obtain details regarding your general health and past medical and surgical events. Without this general health picture, the treating doctor is unable to plan your care properly.
Naturally, some of this information may be of a personal nature, regarded as sensitive and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
We value the need to safeguard this information, and in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation, we would like to assure you that:
- This information is only used by the treating doctor to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment without your expressed consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you, and we will provide this access without due delay.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information, but there may be fees levied just to cover the costs of copying the information and processing the request.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your records, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are acting in your interests at all times.